Vision is the bridge between the present and the future. Without it people go unrestrained. Vision gives pain a purpose, it is the very core of every successful leadership, it is the fuel that leaders run on, the energy that creates action and the fire that ignites the passion of followers.
“A man without a vision is like a man without a future and a man without a future will always return to his past” (P.K.Bernard)
Proverbs 29 : 18 says “Where there is no vision the people are unrestrained…”
Something this crucial to life’s success must be given priority of pursuit and that with a sense of urgency in order to accomplish the goal.
Achieving and accomplishing a full Kingdom vision begins with a conceptual framework which gives a structure and a plan for the growth, health and transformation of the vision. There is also a price to pay. The level of sacrifice that a vision requires is determined by it’s size, this is what separates the small from the great.
A true sense of urgency is rare because it is not the natural state of affair of man. It needs to be created and recreated so that it can be factored into the task of accomplishing a vision without which mediocrity will prevail resulting in failure.
People who make things happen are driven by a sense of urgency that says “whatever need to be done why not do it now?”
PRACTICAL STEPS AND IMPLEMENTATION OF URGENCY
1. Please avoid procrastination (Matthew 8:21-22…follow me and allow the dead to bury their own dead.
2. Consciously and prayerfully disconnect yourself from laziness (Proverbs 15:19)
3. Remain focus on the vision and pursue it with passion regardless of any distraction.
4. Associate with purpose-driven people who are driven with urgency
5. Custom-build your strategic planning with increasing sense of urgency and make sure your runners understand it. (Habakkuk2:2)
6. Never entertain fear, identify obstacles and remove it fast and also find opportunity in every challenge
7. Emphasise the importance of redeeming time, clarifying the consequences of inaction
8. In your roadmap to vision ask for the grace to make wise and quick decisions and act quickly on them, exhibiting urgency in your body language while agreeing on deadlines for actions.
Remember if you are a leader, you must walk the talk, deal with opposition decisively knowing that every vision attracts opposition. Rejoice in the fact that when your vision is honestly birthed by God Himself, He will be delighted to direct your steps.
Pastor Ugo Achomadu